Growing Resilience: Being Trauma Informed
10 week series
For educators, body oriented professionals and other change makers
Oct 1-Dec 10, 2018
*No Class Nov 5, 2018
with Abbi Jaffe and Amanda Franz
*Some scholarships available. Email Abbi for more info.
*30 hours of training and support
*Includes one mentorship session with either Abbi or Amanda (Sign up with Abbi or Amanda. First come first served.)
*Be ready to commit to 2-3 hours of engaging homework per week.
(Homework will be a combination of reading, journaling, and experiential practices.)
***This course (with an additional 15 outside of class hours) is certified to award up to 3 undergraduate, graduate or continuing education credits (CEUs) through Adam's State University in Colorado.**** Please inquire with Abbi about the additional cost of receiving credit for this course.
REGISTER HERE by Sept 15th.
$50 non-refundable deposit required:
Contact Abbi Jaffe with questions: email@example.com
The prevalence of trauma and its effects is astounding. The body can hold experiences and as educators and body oriented professionals, we navigate the terrain of trauma on a daily basis.
Join a community of professionals and other dedicated change makers to learn and receive support. Abbi and Amanda are known for their insightful and embodied curriculum. They will share current perspectives on what's happening in the nervous system during a traumatic incident, how the body is affected by and releases trauma, and how resilience is grown. This training will support you in your efforts to create accessible and trauma informed spaces, classes and private practices.
We want you to be supported in your efforts to create trauma informed spaces. Your training includes one 1.25hr mentorship session. This session is an opportunity to be seen and heard, ask questions and choose next actions that will support you in applying the learning from the course into your life and profession.
We have found that studying trauma is potent and can provide a unique access point into your own personal work. In order to support your journey we recommend booking a private session with Abbi or Amanda during the series or a few weeks before or after (not included in the price of the series). Learn more here.
While you are in the series, we recommend you try to make space in your schedule for gentleness, a good night's sleep, and other supportive activities.
Trauma Informed Space is held by practitioners and community members who are;
Educated in the prevalence and nature of trauma,
Act with compassion and skillfulness,
Actively create a culture where it is safer to listen to the body and share emotion/desires
Embrace the transformative power and strength of vulnerability and triggers, and who
Create space for checking in, feedback, and growing together.
The 10 Week Series Will Include:
- This training is designed to support the participant's understanding about the nature of trauma and how it shows up in the body, how trauma is released, and how resilience is grown.
- This training will create an empowering culture that supports the intelligence of the body and de-stigmatizes trauma.
- This training will give the participants the chance to look at their personal relationship to their body and to trauma, to learn more about their own nervous system.
- This training will offer opportunities to check in with the other participants about what they are noticing in their own relationship to their own experience of trauma.
- This training will offer opportunities to receive support from the other professionals taking the training in navigating any issues coming up in your own professional practice.
- This training will support you to have more informed conversations with your clients about trauma, the nervous system and health/resilience. We believe that helping a client understand how the nervous system works is helpful for the client and can support them in realizing they may need to seek additional professional help as well. To that point, we believe that it is helpful to be a part of a team when supporting someone to release trauma.
- This training will teach basic embodiment skills (grounding, centering, shaking, release, connection to gravity and weight, introception…) as well as co-regulation and resilience boosting skills.
- This training will teach about many of the aspect of the nervous system and provide opportunities to work on locating and regulating the participant's own nervous system.
- This training will include embodied anatomy opportunities such as the evolutionary stages of brain development, an overview of the autonomic nervous system, neuroplasticity, the vagus nerve, the polyvagal theory, understanding the amygdala and hippocampus, an overview to the relevant parts of the endocrine system as well as learning more about how we sense and perceive our world (sensory/motor loop).