Re-Embodiment Training is a 20 hour personalized somatic training and coaching program, offered by Amanda Franz,RSME/T, to guide and educate individuals in developing somatic intelligence. Applicable to people of all professions and walks of life, you will learn skills of building embodied resilience, why this is vital in creating change, and how to apply those skills in your workplace, communities, and organizations.
Somatic movement education develops the body-mind intelligence through learning and listening to the language of the body.
As somatic educators, we understand that everything we do, we do as a body, and that our connection to ourselves as body is impacted by our life experiences and the systems we live within. Often these impacts shape the ways we relate to our bodies and each other. They can disconnect people from the innate intelligence of their body, creating a culture of dis-embodiment, which directly influences our ability to have healthy relationships, homes, communities and cultures.
For many professionals and change-makers, bringing embodied practices and skills into their workplace can drastically alter the effectiveness of their work, and open up new possibilities. Whether you are working one-on-one, or with groups and organizations, this course can support you in creating embodied resilience.
As a one-on-one 20 hour personalized somatic training and coaching program, we will craft the course together, setting goals and intentions to develop, practice, integrate and apply the skills of re-embodiment.
This training will focus on cultivating somatic intelligence through self-study and experiential education, building frameworks for why this field of work is vital for change-making, and practically apply this increased awareness and body intelligence in one’s work in the world.
Aspects of the training may address:
- Cultivating regenerative somatic and presence practices
- Catalyzing greater leadership and organizational capacities
- Embodying authentic discernment and decision making
- Restoring healthy bio-feedback loops
- Developing nervous system comprehension and self-regulation
- Understanding and navigating trauma
- Finding support from the inside out
- Permeating your life and your organizations with more health and resilience
- Deepening emotional and empathetic intelligence
- Activating human and organizational potential
We will pull, as needed, from different fields of knowledge such as neuroscience, anatomy, movement bio-mechanics, interpersonal neurobiology, somatic awareness & mindfulness practices, organization and habit building techniques, systems thinking, permaculture, being trauma informed & resilience building frameworks, anti-oppression informed frameworks, and animism & ancestral reconnection frameworks.
We will infuse the course with different somatic modalities such as Axis Syllabus, Authentic Movement, Body Mind Centering (embodied anatomy and neurological developmental movement patterns), Collab leadership models, authentic relating, contact improvisation, clowning, physical theater, and Joanna Macy's " the Work that Reconnects".
Specific Skills may include:
- Nervous system modulation techniques for practitioners and clients
- Embodied leadership and facilitation skills:
- Client/student-educator/practitioner relational practices,
- Attuned communication
- Clear decision making
- Embodied practices for groups and group processes
- Movement management skills:
- How to create movement rich spaces
- How (and why) to incorporate movement practices into workplaces
- How/why to cultivate resilience plans for workplaces
- Bio-mechanical and effective movement practices
- Trauma Education:
- How to apply social engagement and polyvagal theories to support self and interactive regulation
- Understanding hyper/hypo arousal and how to support re-regulation
- Specific Anatomy as supportive to educational goals/intended uses:
- Three Brain Integration
- Body systems such as organs, bones, fascia, etc
- Vocal mechanics
- Anatomy of interoception
- Developmental Movement Patterns: Basic Neurological Patterns
- Integrating yield, push, pull, reach patterns into client work
Course includes trauma-informed somatic coaching, hands-on bodywork, personal practice development, nervous system & anatomy education, and movement re-patterning.
As with any work that involves deep listening of the body/self, this class promises to be gentle yet powerful
- 10 weekly 1.5hr in-person somatic movement education sessions, (15 hours total)
- 10 weekly 30 minute practice support/accountability check-in phone calls, (5 hours total)
- 1-4 hours of personalized homework outside of class. Homework may include readings, somatic skills practices, audio talks/videos, and themed explorations.
- Daily practice time, amount TBD
Course Dates: Together, we'll set our weekly sessions and accountability phone calls to match our schedules. Generally, my availability is set within the 9-5 weekday rhythm, though I can occasionally make evening options for Mondays or Tuesdays.
Location: The Everything Space [64 main street- 3rd floor, Montpelier, Vermont], with possible field trips to outside locations in central VT
Registration: Rolling quarterly start dates: Please start by filling out the Re-Embodiment Training Application.
If you have questions, you can contact Amanda, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition & Financial Aid:
Please read through our cost structure frameworks to how we map the different tuition costs and to find yourself within that map.
The true cost/tuition for this class is $2000.
Discounted for BIPOC Solidarity cost/tuition is $1000.
The two tiers discounted for Supporting Community Access cost/tuition are $1500 and $1350.
Pay-it Forward (for those with access to wealth that help make this system work) cost/tuition is $2750
If these options are still prohibitive, please reach out and let's see what can work.
Shame-free payment plans are possible for this course. Please indicate this when applying.