Schedule your 20 hour individually crafted course.
Register for Feb-April session now!
Re-Embodiment Training is a 20 hour personalized somatic training and coaching program, offered by Amanda Franz,RSME, to guide and educate individuals in developing somatic intelligence. Applicable to people of all professions and walks of life, you will learn skills of building embodied resilience, why this is vital in creating change, and how to apply those skills in your workplace, communities, and organizations.
Somatic movement education develops the body-mind intelligence through learning and listening to the language of the body.
As somatic educators, we understand that everything we do, we do as a body, and that our connection to ourselves as body is impacted by our life experiences and the systems we live within. Often these impacts shape the ways we relate to our bodies and each other. They can disconnect people from the innate intelligence of their body, creating a culture of dis-embodiment, which directly influences our ability to have healthy relationships, homes, communities and cultures.
For many professionals and change-makers, bringing embodied practices and skills into their workplace can drastically alter the effectiveness of their work, and open up new possibilities. Whether you are working one-on-one, or with groups and organizations, this course can support you in creating embodied resilience.
As a one-on-one 20 hour personalized somatic training and coaching program, we will craft the course together, setting goals and intentions to develop, practice, integrate and apply the skills of re-embodiment.
This training will focus on cultivating somatic intelligence through self-study and experiential education, building frameworks for why this field of work is vital for change-making, and practically apply this increased awareness and body intelligence in one’s work in the world.
Aspects of the training may address:
- Cultivating regenerative somatic and presence practices
- Catalyzing greater leadership and organizational capacities
- Embodying authentic discernment and decision making
- Restoring healthy bio-feedback loops
- Developing nervous system comprehension and self-regulation
- Understanding and navigating trauma
- Finding support from the inside out
- Permeating your life and your organizations with more health and resilience
- Deepening emotional and empathetic intelligence
- Activating human and organizational potential
We will pull, as needed, from different fields of knowledge such as neuroscience, anatomy, movement bio-mechanics, interpersonal neurobiology, somatic awareness & mindfulness practices, organization and habit building techniques, systems thinking, permaculture, being trauma informed & resilience building frameworks, anti-oppression informed frameworks, and animism & ancestral reconnection frameworks.
We will infuse the course with different somatic modalities such as Axis Syllabus, Authentic Movement, Body Mind Centering (embodied anatomy and neurological developmental movement patterns), Collab leadership models, authentic relating, contact improvisation, clowning, physical theater, and Joanna Macy's " the Work that Reconnects".
Specific Skills may include:
- Nervous system modulation techniques for practitioners and clients
- Embodied leadership and facilitation skills:
- Client/student-educator/practitioner relational practices,
- Attuned communication
- Clear decision making
- Embodied practices for groups and group processes
- Movement management skills:
- How to create movement rich spaces
- How (and why) to incorporate movement practices into workplaces
- How/why to cultivate resilience plans for workplaces
- Bio-mechanical and effective movement practices
- Trauma Education:
- How to apply social engagement and polyvagal theories to support self and interactive regulation
- Understanding hyper/hypo arousal and how to support re-regulation
- Specific Anatomy as supportive to educational goals/intended uses:
- Three Brain Integration
- Body systems such as organs, bones, fascia, etc
- Vocal mechanics
- Anatomy of interoception
- Developmental Movement Patterns: Basic Neurological Patterns
- Integrating yield, push, pull, reach patterns into client work
Course includes trauma-informed somatic coaching, hands-on bodywork, personal practice development, nervous system & anatomy education, and movement re-patterning.
As with any work that involves deep listening of the body/self, this class promises to be gentle yet powerful
Time Commitment: 20 hours of in person somatic movement education and approximately 1-4 hours of homework outside of class. Homework may include readings, somatic skills practices, audio talks/videos, and themed explorations.
Course Dates: Weekly one-on-one courses at a timing that collectively works. Classes generally meet 2 hours weekly, for 10 weeks, although we can be flexible to accommodate your needs.
Location: The Everything Space, 64 main street- 3rd floor, Montpelier, Vermont
Certification: As requested, students completing the course will receive a Re-Embodiment Training Certificate of Completion.
Registration: Rolling start dates: Please start by filling out the Re-Embodiment Training Application.
If you have questions, you can contact Amanda, at email@example.com
Tuition & Financial Aid: The tuition for this class is $2500.