Growing Resilience: Being Trauma Informed
For body oriented professionals and other change makers
(Sliding Scale of $180-$410)
REGISTER HERE by April 25th
$50 non-refundable deposit required:
We want you to be supported in your efforts to create trauma informed spaces. We recommend signing up for a 1.25hr mentorship sessions with Abbi or Amanda. This session is an opportunity to be seen and heard, ask questions and choose next actions that will support you in applying the learning from the weekend into your life and work world. Contact either Abbi or Amanda to schedule. Discounted rate offered of $50 for the mentorship session.
We have found that studying trauma is potent work and can provide a unique access point into your own personal work. In order to support your journey we recommend booking a private session with Abbi or Amanda after the weekend. Learn more here.
During the weekend, we recommend you try to make space in your schedule for gentleness, a good night's sleep, and other supportive activities.
May 4-6, 2018
(13.5 hours of training with 3-6 hours of required homework before the training.)
with Abbi Jaffe and Amanda Franz
The prevalence of trauma and its effects is astounding. The body can hold experiences and as body oriented professionals we navigate the terrain of trauma on a daily basis. Learn tools, perspectives and anatomy to empower you and your community to grow more resilience.
While we do offer a 10 week series which allows us to cover more material, this weekend workshop is sure to support you in your efforts to create accessible and trauma informed spaces, classes and private practices.
Join a community of professionals and dedicated change makers to learn and receive support. Abbi and Amanda are known for their depthful embodied curriculum. They will share current perspectives on what's happening in the nervous system during a traumatic incident, how the body is affected by and releases trauma, and how resilience is grown. This training will support you in your efforts to create accessible and trauma informed spaces, classes and private practices.
Trauma Informed Space is held by practitioners and community members who are;
Educated in the prevalence and nature of trauma,
Act with compassion and skillfulness,
Actively create a culture where it is safer to listen to the body and share emotion/desires
Embrace the transformative power and strength of vulnerability and triggers, and who
Create space for checking in, feedback, and growing together.
This Weekend Will Include:
- This workshop is designed to support the participant’s understanding about the nature of trauma and how it shows up in the body, how trauma is released, and how resilience is grown.
- This workshop will create an empowering culture that supports the intelligence of the body and de-stigmatizes trauma.
- This workshop will give the participants the chance to look at their personal relationship to their body and to trauma, to learn more about their own nervous system.
- This workshop will offer opportunities to check in with the other participants about what they are noticing in their own relationship to their own experience of trauma.
- This workshop will offer an opportunity to receive support from the other professionals taking the workshop in navigating any issues coming up in your own professional practice.
- This workshop will support you to have more informed conversations with your clients about trauma, the nervous system and health/resilience. We believe that helping a client understand how the nervous system works is helpful for the client and can support them in realizing they may need to seek additional professional help as well. To that point, we believe that it is helpful to be a part of a team when supporting someone to release trauma.
- This workshop will teach basic embodiment skills (grounding, centering, shaking, release, connection to gravity and weight, introception…) as well as co-regulation and resilience boosting skills.
- This workshop will teach about many of the aspect of the nervous system and provide opportunities to work on locating and regulating the participant's own nervous system.
- This workshop will include embodied anatomy opportunities such as the evolutionary stages of brain development, an overview of the autonomic nervous system, neuroplasticity, the vagus nerve, the polyvagal theory, understanding the amygdala and hippocampus, an overview to the relevant parts of the endocrine system as well as learning more about how we sense and perceive our world (sensory/motor loop).